When Do You Need a Lawyer?

No human has ever encountered a perfect life. We really commit mistakes in life with our own family, with others or with the government. Some of this is intended, some are honest mistakes and most are accidents. Not all mistakes have legal consequences, where confrontation and negotiation are enough. But worst things are inevitable in a lifetime and this has worst consequences too. During these times are the right times to call a lawyer to fix it for you.

Now, we will be discussing few of the most common life situations where you really need to call your lawyer because it is your right and you need someone who is knowledgeable enough with the law, to represent you in court.

1. You need a lawyer when your driver’s license was suspended. Having a driver’s license is a privilege, it is not a right; thus, if you have any traffic violations, your driver’s license is subject to a hold, suspension or worse revocation. When you are called for a hearing with the authority, you need to get ready. You cannot just go there and unprepared and unaware of the traffic laws in your State. This is the time you call your lawyer and consult what you should be preparing for the hearing with the motor vehicle bureau officer. A lawyer will come up with a good argument for you to keep your license. If you think you cannot handle this yourself, hire a lawyer to represent you.

2. You need a lawyer when your child is subject for expulsion in school. Expulsion is a hard and harsh punishment for a wrongdoing committed by a student in school. This is usually because of grave violations. If your child is about to be expelled, school districts have the duty to give the student a chance to be heard and defend himself through a trial. When this happens, do not hesitate because the future of your child is at stake, consult and hire Fort Myers DUI lawyers to represent your child during the hearing. Let the lawyer come up with the strongest defense to fight the expulsion. If the expulsion is really final, ask a lawyer how to mitigate the effect of the expulsion to your child’s school records.

3. You need a lawyer if you are having trouble with your contractor. Remodeling and renovation need permit and other legal documents to go through. This is usually prepared and taken care of by the contractor. However, legal issues arise when you have misunderstandings with the time table delays and other things regarding the construction. When problems are left unsolved after how many negotiation attempts, you need to call your lawyer to settle this or rescind your contract. Next time, before signing up on a contractor it is best to consult with your lawyer first regarding the terms and conditions of the contract to prevent future problems, since contracts with private entities are legally binding and has legal consequences if breached. Ask a lawyer for advice how to make sure that all are done as planned.


Re-certification is Building Safety

Building safety is a complex matter to take care of. This is a foundation for any standing structure in the city, regardless if it is residential, commercial or industrial. As owners, this matter should be given attention annually because you cannot really tell the circumstances in the future.

Places like Miami-Dade and Broward counties are strictly requiring every building owner to comply with the 40-year building recertification. This Building Safety Inspection program aims to ensure that every building in the city is safe throughout its standing years. The structural and electrical system of the building is inspected. Any seen faults, code violations or areas that need replacement and repairs are hindrance for re-certification and operation. These building safety inspections are not only for commercial buildings but also for dwellings and schools; these building are inspected under different jurisdictions. These are designed by the city to keep all buildings strong and people safe.

In order to comply with this strict mandate, building owners are required to consult experts like structural and electrical engineers to check their building. These engineers should check and make sure that their building will pass the 40-year property assessment. The city has generous timelines for compliance. It comes with a 90 day period to look for a structural engineer to conduct a thorough inspection and come up with a report; then 180 day period to fix and repair all the subject areas.

40-50 year old building cannot escape the wear and tear caused by time and other outside forces. Buildings in different areas deteriorates in different and in different parts. Hence, hiring a permit runner to take care of the 40/50 re-certification Miami is a good consideration. These companies have licensed structural engineers to check the vulnerability of your buildings to different factors like location, materials and catastrophes. They can help you check your buildings for any parts with increased corrosion, identify the cracked and damaged parts and any other problems that is needed to be fixed for the re-certification.

To prevent delays in 40 year recertification, conduct building maintenance annually. This will not only save you a thousand of dollars for repair, it will also give you a less hassle in processing your permit and recertification. You will also be confident enough that your building is safe for all its tenants and everyone around it. When you have a building that is nearly 40 years old, you should start whatever measures to take because the failure to comply with this recertification is really a big headache. You will not just be a potential harm in the city; this is also subject to a Civil Violation Notice. Your building will be marked unsafe and your daily way of life will be affected. Buildings subject for notice or tickets are also subject to fines and condemnation proceedings. See, this is not just a document issued to categorize your building as safe or not. This is a way to ensure that life is safe when the building is safe. This is really a hassle and lengthy procedure for an owner but this is our responsibility.